A mountain of fun awaits you at our 45-foot indoor climbing wall! Experience the sensation of outdoor climbing under the unique, natural lighting conditions of our air-conditioned solar dome. Climbers of all ability levels can challenge themselves at one of thirteen climbing stations with more than 4,300 square feet of vertical terrain. Our full-service facility provides bouldering, top-rope, lead climbing, indoor climbing lessons andgroup rentals. Let the professional staff at the wall introduce you to the thrill of climbing while you improve strength, balance, and coordination.
Harnesses, climbing shoes, and chalk bags are available for rental. Helmets are available at no charge. A short introductory class and or skills check is required each year.
- Each climber wanting to purchase a semester or punch pass, regardless of ability, must pass a skills check. Climbers with little or no experience must take the Intro to Climbing class.. Skills tests are valid for one year from the semester of purchase with the purchase of a climbing wall pass.
- Approved guests of members are only eligible o purchase an Intro to Climbing class or skill test, and a one-time climb or day pass and may climb only when accompanied by their UNT member/sponsor at check in & purchase and during all climbing activity.
- Members and guests must be at least 16 years of age to use the wall.
- All climbers must sign a UNT Indoor Climbing Facility Participant Waiver (pdf). Patrons under 18 must have the form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Patrons wishing to use a personal climbing harness must have their harness checked by staff prior to each use. Only personal harnesses, shoes and chalk bags may be used.
- Shoes are mandatory.
- No cell phones, food or drink inside the climbing area at any time.
|Summer Unlimited Semester
Outdoor Pursuits offers several climbing classes to teach beginners and advanced climbers alike. Stop by the climbing wall for more information on the following classes:
||$5 (30 min)
|Intro to Climbing†
||$10 (2 hrs)
|Intro to Lead Climbing
||$10 (2 hrs)
*Skills checks are valid for one year from the semester of purchase with the purchase of a climbing wall pass.
† Each climber, regardless of ability, must pass a skills check. Climbers with little or no climbing experience must take the Intro to Climbing class.
All climbers may rent UNT climbing equipment. Patrons may use their own harness, shoes and chalk bag if each piece of equipment passes inspection by climbing wall staff.